Dear readers, welcome to Awareness Adda. myself Sudheer CEO of the Awareness Adda. We are providing important notes for competitive exams like IBPS, RRB and SSC etc. not only notes we also provide latest movie reviews and jokes and technical information. in the previous article, we discussed an Introduction of Indian polity. today in this article we discuss Framing of Constitution.
FRAMING OF CONSTITUTION:
- The Constitution of India was framed by a constituent assembly which was set up under the cabinet mission plan 1946.
- The Assembly consisted of 389 members represented, provinces members are 292, state members are 93, and the chief commissioner provinces are 3 and Baluchistan 1.
- the assembly was held its first meeting on December 9th, 1946, and elected Dr Sachidanand Sinha, the oldest member of the assembly as the provisional president.
- on December 11th, 1946, The assembly elected Dr Ranjendra Prasad as its permanent Chairman.
- The Constitution assembly set up 13 committees for framing the Constitution on the basis of their reports, a draft of the constitution was prepared by 7 members drafting committee under the chairmanship of Dr B R Ambedker.
- The Drafting Committee was published on January 1948.
- After the Draft was discussed by the people, the press, the provisional assemblies and Constitution assembly in the light of the suggestions received the same was finally adopted on November 26th 1949.; was signed by the precedent of the assembly.
- The constitution was into force on 26th January 1950. by this way we celebrating Republic day in every year in 26th January.
- The Constituent assembly tool almost 3 years. originally it took 2 years 11 months and 18 days.
- The constituting of India was not an original Document. the framers of the Constitution freely borrowed the good features of other Constitution from UK, USA, IRELAND, CANADA etc..
- Borrowed features of Constitution from others are shown below.
From the UK:
- Nominal Head- President (like Queen).
- Cabinet System of ministers.
- Post of PM.
- Parliamentary type of Government.
- Bicameral Parlament.
- Council of ministers responsible to the lower house.
- The speaker in the Lok Sabha.
- Single Citizenship.
From the USA:
- Written Constitution.
- The executive head of state known as President and he is being the Supreme Commander of the armed forces.
- Vice-President as the ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha.
- Fundamental Rights.
- Supreme Court.
- Independence of Judiciary and process of judicial review.
- Fundamental Duties.
- Five-year plan.
- Concurrent list.
- Suspension of Fundamental Rights during the emergency.
From South Africa:
- The procedure of Constitutional Amendments.
- Distribution of powers between Centre and the States and placing. Residuary Powers with the Centre.
- The concept of Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Nomination of members in the Rajya Sabha by the President.
These are the borrowed features of the Constitution taken from other Constitution. Thanks for being visited Awareness Adda. next article will be posted as soon as possible. so keep in touch with Awareness Adda. Thank you.