Dear readers welcome to Awareness Adda. Myself Swamy ranga one of the authors in Awareness Adda. today we are discussing on ways of communications it was a general topic.
Ways of Communications:
- There are a lot of ways to communicate speaking, singing, clapping, hooting.
- Even animals communicate with one another in ways different from the humans.
- Only humans can express their thoughts and feelings in words because of our superior brain.
- Both humans and animals also communicate through body language.
- Sometimes, we don’t use words but make gestures like traffic signs or simple movements of the hand in order to communicate.
Why can human speak, but animals?
A lot of organs such as lungs, larynx, mouth, pharynx, tongue, teeth and brain participate in the speaking process. Although an animal passes all these organs, their structure is different from that in the humans. For speaking, it is important to properly control the process involved, mainly breathing. This is done for us by your brain. First, the air is inhaled and then deviated through the larynx from the lungs. The larynx has small muscles called the vocal cards. When the air passes through the stretched elastic vocal folds it causes them to vibrate, producing sound. The teeth, tongue, gums and lips then form the words.
Although the chimpanzee “Nim” cannot speak. He is trying to learn a sign language. His “colleague”, the female gorilla KOKO, has learned up to 1000 signs of the American Sign Language.
How do animals communicate?
Dogs bark, growl, whine. Deer bell, mice squeak. When a bee has detected food, it informs the other bees by a kind of a dance, and whales inform each other by means of whose song. Their sounds can be heard in water from several hundred kilometres difficult, because there are so many other sounds in the oceans now, like those of ships or of oil rigs in general, animals of the same species communicate with one another without a problem, between species, there could be miss understanding! For example, a cat purrs with satisfaction but the dog things that the cat is snarling at it!
The bee shows the place where it is discovered food flowers by means of a dance on an upright honeycomb. If it glides vertically from the top, i.e. the flower is present b/w the beehive and the sun. if it deviates from the vertical, then the flower, can be found at a corresponding angle from the sun.
How do our hands communicate with the brain?
The hands are connected to the brain through nerve paths. If it becomes very cold for the nerve ending in the skin of the hand, the signals are transmitted to the brain. A process is initiated that leads to Commands.
Rub the hands; put the hands in the armpits to warm those, wear gloves. The brain sends these commands back to the hands via the nerves, and the hands then execute them. In the case of an accident, like a fall- we react much faster and try to prevent the fall by using our hands. How fast we react depends on whether we have already experienced such situations before.
What is body language?
Both humans and animals communicate a lot through their body postures. A cat when angry humps it back and its skin ruffles us so that it appears bigger and more dangerous in this way, it warms its opponent not to come near humans frown when in doubt and smile when he happy we use thumbs up or down. It appears for approval or disapprove we also make use of a universal sing language: we known what an index finger on the lips or a waving hand is trying to tell us but watch out: signs do not mean the same all over the world if you make an ‘o’ with the index finger and thumb. It means okay in the USA. But at other places, it is an insult.
Did you know that?
- Fin whales- the nearest relatives of the giant blue whales are the loudest animals in the world? Their calls are even louder than starting noise of a jet plane.
- The brain of a bee is smaller than a pin head.
- Many people believe that parrots as understand what they speak? But the zoologies assume that the brain of a parrot is not developed enough to express its own thoughts and they only imitate the sounds they hear.
Thanks for visiting Awareness Adda. we will come with more information like this we hope it will useful to you. Thank you. keep in touch with us.